Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's a Girl



On April 2, 2011 at 11:45 p.m., Alexis Elizabeth Heidrich was born weighing 8 lbs 3 oz.  She was absolutely perfect and from that time forward our life has never been the same.  Thank goodness for that!

My labor started early that morning around 1:30 a.m.  I woke up to pee for at least the third time that night (by then I was peeing at least every couple of hours) and knew these contractions were different then the braxton hix contractions I had been having.  Because of my snoring, Jason had left and was sleeping in the guest bedroom so he could get some sleep.  I woke him up around 3:30 to tell him that I was having contractions.  I must have said this before because he fell back asleep while I showered, cleaned up, etc. :) 

We headed to the hospital around 9:00 a.m. because the contractions were pretty constistant though not very painful.  I was dilated to 2 but did not progress, so I was sent home at noon.  Of course, I called my mom and cried.  I was four days overdue and ready to have this baby; I was beginning to think it would never happen.  For the rest of the day, I continued to have contractions that got more and more painful.  We were watching the NCAA tournament and I told Jason after the game I wanted to go back to the hospital.  With 30 seconds left I couldn't take the pain anymore so we were off to the hospital, again!  This time I was admitted and found out I was dilated to 4.  Only 4, I thought!  I worked pretty hard all day for those other two centimeters.  

By the time the doctor came to break my water, the little stinker snuck her hand above her head.  It would have been too dangerous to deliver naturally so we were told we had to have a c-section.  I didn't care how our baby came into the world as long as she was healthy.  She was more than healthy, she was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment