So they say you know when you have to go to the next level of diapers when your baby continually has blowouts. Alexis is not a stranger of these by any means but lately it's been an every time occurrence. Of course this was when Jason decided to stock up on diapers. We didn't want to waste what we just bought, so we thought we'd get through the ones we just opened then switch to the #2's. Our little Alexis had a different plan however.
Church has been an interesting experience for us the past few Sundays. Alexis has been awake more so is not the sleepy little baby we've been growing accustomed to. Two Sundays ago, right after the homile and while all was quiet, our precious little girl decided it was the appropriate time to poop. Those of you who have been lucky enough to witness her little bowel movements would say they aren't so little and often quite loud. Her loud splat echoed through the church walls and I could hear the little snickers from those around us. Jason carefully passed her off and I proudly displayed my little daughers blowout to the whole congregation as I walked out of the church to change her. After that day, we decided it wasn't worth the hassle and put the #1's away. We are now on to #2 diapers folks!!
One would think this would solve our little church fiascos. However, today as Jason was holding Alexis during one of the readings, she again decided to let it rip. Thank goodness our little girl isn't shy. We thought we'd solved our blow out problem by changing the diaper size but we were mistaken. I glance over at Jason and he gives me a look of helplessness as he turns her around to display what had just happend. Her whole back was covered in poop along with daddy's shirt and pants. Jason carefully handed her to me and I proudly walked out with our little girl in an adorable poop filled outfit. The only difference to last Sunday is it didn't just happen once, it happened twice! Thank goodness I packed two extra outfits. I think next Sunday I'll pack 3 just in case. You just never know what to expect anymore.
This story made our day! We can't stop laughing, wish we could have been there to see it.
ReplyDelete