For the month of July, Maria, Jason's youngest sister, watched Alexis. I was amazed at how mature Maria is for only being 14 years old. I know I wasn't that mature at her age and I definitely couldn't have watched a 3 month old, like she did. She was so incredibly good with Alexis and I could see how much she adored our little girl. When Maria was here, it was a very difficult time for me as I was going back to work for the first time; but having Maria watch Alexis made it a little easier. I knew Alexis was in such good hands. We did try to have some fun while Maria was here and did teach her how to bet on the horses at Canterbury (she was pretty good at it too!)
The next week, Jason's mom stayed with us. I've always said how lucky I am to have such good in-laws but I feel especially lucky to have an amazing mother in law. I enjoyed our visits at night and her home cooked dumplings, Jason's favorite meal! It was so nice having our mom's around. Our house was cleaned, laundry was done and meals were on the table when we came home. Not only was Alexis spoiled by having her Grandma's around but we were spoiled as well.
For the past two weeks my mom has been here. It's always nice for me to have some quality mom and daughter time together. I appreciate her so much more now that I have a daughter of my own and it never feels like we get enough time together. Dad also came up for a couple of days. Jason and I were able to get out for a date night at Buffalo Wild Wings and celebrate our Anniversary on a mini get away overnight. It was the first night we spent away from our little girl but I knew we were leaving her in the best possible hands.








Look how big she is getting, holy moly! It's crazy how fast they grow!! I can't wait to see her again, it's been too long since I've loved on her! :) Miss you guys.
ReplyDelete